Life would be pretty dull, not to mention quiet without the joy of music. Music has the power to evoke feelings, to send us right back to people we thought we had long forgotten, to hands we haven’t held in a long while. A few notes and a chord or two have the bizarre strength to transport us, across continents, to warmer climates and younger days; in fact it’s quite amazing what pain, elation, sorrow and happiness can be held in a 3 minute melody. In a cacophony of noise we attach various memories to tracks, the sounds tarnishing our ear drums forever. Just try to forget a reminiscent association with a tune. It is impossible.
Clearly, I’m feeling most melancholy and should really be asleep, but here I am typing about music. If you’re at a loose end, or feel inclined, then listen with me. It’s all too silent in the middle of the night.
1) Your favourite song?
Mr Brightside – The Killers
2) A song that makes you happy?
Kiss you – One Direction
3) A song that makes you sad?
Higher love – James Vincent Mcmorrow
4) A song that reminds you of someone?
Skinny Love – Bon Iver
5) A song that reminds you of somewhere?
(What is) Love? – Jennifer Lopez
6) A song that reminds you of a certain event?
We are Young – Fun
7) A song that you know all the words to?
Frisky – Tinie Tempah
8) A song that you can dance to?
Candy – Cameo
9) A song that makes you fall asleep?
Toothpaste kisses – The Maccabees (in a good way, ’tis soothing not boring)
10) A song from your favourite band?
Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love – Coldplay
11) A song that is a guilty pleasure?
Despicable – Eminem
12) A song that describes you?
Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
13) A song that you wish you heard on the radio?
Falling in love in a Coffee shop – Landon Pigg
14) A song from your favorite film?
You make my dreams – Hall and Oates
15) A song that you listen to when you’re angry?
Cinderella man – Eminem
16) A collaboration you love?
Stop for a minute – Keane and K’naan
17) A song that you listen to when you’re sad?
The one that got away – Katy Perry
18) A song that you want to play at your wedding?
L.O.V.E – Nat King Cole
19) A song that makes you laugh?
Can’t knock ’em out – Lily Allen
20) A song that you wish you could play?
Misery Business – Paramore
21) A song from your childhood?
It’s a Sin – Pet Shop Boys
22) A song that makes you cry?
Happy Ending – Mika
23) A song that reminds you of summer?
Here in your arms – Hello Goodbye
24) A song that reminds you of your best friend?
Beating hearts baby – Head Automatica
25) A song you sing to in the shower?
A remix of Pompeii by Bastille, On my Own from Les Mis and Some Nights by Fun
26) A song that holds a lot of meaning to you?
Somebody that I used to know – Gotye
27) A song you want to dance to at your wedding?
Loving you – Paolo Nutini
28) A song you just can’t help but sing along to?
In the Air Tonight – Phil Collins (including drum solo actions, I loved it before it was in the cadbury’s advert)
29) A song that encourages you?
Strange – the Feeling
30) A song you have on repeat?
Depth over Distance – Ben Howard